Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is at the heart of every American company. With a growing population of aware and concerned customers, it is critical that companies consider their CSR status. Ten years ago, only a handful of Fortune 500 companies issued a CSR or sustainability report. Today, majority of the companies do.
At AMCHAM, we strive to provide a platform by which we can amplify the CSR work done by U.S. corporations operating in Malaysia. We believe establishing a CSR Committee will be an important step in achieving this.
Many of you are doing amazing work in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). But we still face a number of challenges, and could also benefit from sharing our experiences and learning from each other. Creating a CSR committee will help us to address these needs, as well as to help us see the impact our combined efforts are having.
We hope you can join us to have an honest and open discussion about:
- what our needs and challenges are,
- brainstorm on how we can best learn from each other and others,
- how a committee can help us in our CSR efforts
- brainstorm on items such as mission, objectives and activities of the committee
The meeting will be held on Thursday, 16 August 2018.
The tentative agenda is as follows:
9.30 a.m. Registration
9.45 a.m. Meeting begins
- Discussion and brainstorming of our needs, reasons for a CSR committee, possible goals, objectives, target membership,
- Leadership set-up and other criteria to establish a CSR committee
- Summary and wrap up
11.30 a.m. End of meeting
MY AMCHAM CARES will be as impactful and vibrant as our members make it. Let's use this opportunity to make this world, and our businesses, better. Please come prepared to discuss ideas and suggestions as we would like our first meeting to be a fruitful one
Please RSVP by/before Monday, 13 August.