AMCHAM is pleased to invite you to a private discussion with senior representatives from the Asia-Pacific team of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) as part of their annual information-gathering trip to Malaysia.
Under Article IV of the IMF's Articles of Agreement, member countries agree to participate in annual consultations in which an IMF team of economists visit the country to assess economic and financial developments and discuss the country's economic and financial policies with government and central bank officials. IMF staff missions also often meet with parliamentarians and representatives of business, labor unions, and civil society.
The IMF would appreciate the opportunity to meet with AMCHAM members to discuss recent developments, the outlook for the business sector, perceptions of Malaysia's business environment and any risks you may be monitoring.
Attendees from the IMF will be:
- Mr. Odd Per Brekk, Deputy Director, Asia and Pacific Department
- Ms. Nada Choueiri, Division Chief, Asia and Pacific Department
- Mr. Giovanni Ganelli, Senior Economist
- Mr. Dan Nyberg, Senior Economist
- Mr. Xin Li, Economist
- Mr. Jochen Markus Schmittmann, Resident Representative (Singapore Office)
Any questions can be sent to email@example.com .