|AMCHAM Update: Coronavirus Outbreak in China|
In view of the recent Coronavirus Outbreak in China, AMCHAM will bring you updates from time to time to keep you in the know of what's going on.
- Avoid all nonessential travel to Hubei Province in China, including Wuhan.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- If you traveled to Wuhan and feel sick, or were exposed to someone who was in Wuhan in the last six weeks who has fever, cough, or difficulty breathing, seek medical care right away. For the most up-to-date information, please consult the CDC website.
- U.S. citizens are urged to enrol in the Smart Traveler Enrolment Program (STEP) to receive alerts.
For American Citizens, if you need assistance:
By International SOS
Malaysia imposed a temporary ban on Chinese nationals arriving from the city of Wuhan and surrounding Hubei province, starting January 27. The ban would be lifted once the situation returns to normal.
- On January 27, Health Minister advised there are two (2) cases of Patient-Under-Investigation (PUI) for the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) in Langkawi. They are both children, Chinese nationals, and they are in stable condition and are in isolation care in hospital in Langkawi.
- MOH Malaysia continues to advise public to defer all unnecessary/non-urgent travels to China.
- Confirmed cases now over 4000, and 106 deaths reported.
- Chinese Government has extended Lunar New Year holidays nationwide until February 2.
Other countries/territories where 2019-nCoV has been detected in people:
- Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United States, Macao (China SAR), Hong Kong, Singapore, Vietnam, France, Nepal, Australia, Malaysia, Canada, Cambodia, Sri Lanka, Germany.
- First confirmed cases are now seen in Cambodia, Sri Lanka and Germany. From January 27 till date, more confirmed cases reported in South Korea, Macao, Japan, Australia and Singapore.
Feel free access to their latest information and advice via website: internationalsos.com/coronavirus. This would include access to their videos, on-demand webinar recordings, FAQs and details of their upcoming events.
Social media channels;
By Sunway Medical Centre