|AMCHAM Update #285 COVID-19 Outbreak|
During this period of Full Movement Control Order (FMCO 3.0) extended to June 28, 2021, AMCHAM will be bringing you daily updates on the latest COVID-19 developments, which includes Government-issued orders, regulations, and SOPs as well as initiatives from related bodies and organizations.
One common misunderstanding in Malaysian public is that 95% efficacy means that in the Pfizer clinical trial, 5% of vaccinated people got COVID. But that is not true; the actual percentage of vaccinated people in the Pfizer (and Moderna) trials who got COVID-19 was about a hundred times less than that: 0.04%.
The Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (KLCC) repurposed as a mega vaccination centre from 7 June 2021, in line with the government's National COVID-19 Immunisation Programme (PICK). The centre has the capacity of vaccinating a maximum of 8,000 vaccines daily. General manager Alan Pryor said KLCC fully embrace the opportunity to be involved in PICK and to be able to serve the city and the people of Kuala Lumpur.
Health workers administered 235,623 COVID-19 vaccine doses yesterday, pushing the total number of vaccinations in Malaysia over six million mark so far. 181,840 received their first vaccine dose, while 53,873 received their second dose.
In total, 6,051,198 doses have been administered in Malaysia as of June 22, with 4,384,441 having received the first dose, while 1,666,757 have received the second dose.
|AMCHAM’S SUSTAINABILITY WEEK|
AMCHAM will be hosting a week-long series of events that highlights Sustainability through the Lens of Business. These string of events will be taking place from 5 July to 8 July 2021.
A majority of Asia Pacific corporations (70%) are willing to pay a rental premium to lease sustainability-certified buildings in the future.
This commitment aligns with broader real estate sustainability developments across Asia Pacific where 40% of corporate occupiers have already adopted net zero targets and another 40% are planning to adopt targets by 2025.
ExxonMobil has appointed Shane Harris as president and chairman of ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Malaysia Inc.
As lead country manager for ExxonMobil’s subsidiaries in Malaysia, Harris will be based in Kuala Lumpur, the oil and gas giant said in a statement. The group said Harris succeeds Edward E Graham, who has been appointed as vice-president of ventures for ExxonMobil Low Carbon Solutions located in Houston, Texas.
A total of RM7.33 billion worth of investment projects had been realised in Iskandar Malaysia from January to April 2021, with 80 per cent coming from foreign investors and the remaining 20 per cent from local. Iskandar Regional Development Authority (IRDA) chief executive Datuk Ismail Ibrahim said the realised investment indicated a positive stance of Iskandar Malaysia as it still retains investors' trust.
Hospital Ampang has close to 150 COVID patients now in, and for the past few weeks the hospital has been expanding the wards in terms of manpower, equipment, and proper isolation spaces.
Both patients and clinicians need equipments urgently to be able to do their work.
Click on the 'Read More' tab to view the equipment needed.
This daily round-up brings you a selection of the latest news and updates on the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, as well as tips and tools to help you stay informed and protected. Confirmed cases of COVID-19
have passed 178.4 million globally, according to Johns Hopkins University. The number of confirmed deaths stands at more than 3.86 million. More than 2.62 billion vaccination doses
have been administered globally, according to Our World in Data.
|TIERED CORPORATE MEMBERS 2021|
|STAY UPDATED ON THE LATEST HAPPENINGS - Click Below|
|MEMBER BENEFITS PROGRAM - Click below for more information|